PE & Sport Premium
High quality PE should be a universal entitlement of all pupils. The government has invested in key areas to improve physical education and school sport and currently provide schools with an annual grant to put specifically towards sports (Sport Premium Funding).
This government funding allows us to fund the following:
- Sports Coaches to give teachers in-service training in effective planning and delivery of P.E. lessons across the school as good quality continuing Professional Development (CPD) in PE is what leads to sustained development.
- Train playground leaders
- Contribute to Partnership Community Co-ordinator salary for termly meetings with Partnership Primary Link PE Teachers and organsing a range of inter-school competitions
- Release the PE co-ordinator to meet termly with the partnership team and have time to research new ideas
- Release staff to go on PE and Sport Training and INSET courses
- subsidise transport cost for partnership sporting events
We regularly review our sports provision in School in conjunction with reviewing the impact of Sport Premium Funding.
Self Review of PE Provision and outcomes in School Sport