School Values & Ethos
Charlbury Primary School aims to "develop the whole child" by:
- Providing each child with a broad, balanced and challenging education which will foster his/her intellectual, social, emotional, aesthetic, spiritual and physical development.
- Encouraging a high level of effort and achievement and a positive attitude so that children acquire a zest for learning which will remain with them throughout their school days and beyond.
- Promoting a sense of enquiry and enthusiasm for new experiences.
- Fostering positive relationships between staff, children and parents to build an effective partnership between home and school.
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle, including healthy eating and exercise.
- Promoting an appreciation of individual responsibility towards the environment.
- Developing each child’s potential within a secure, supportive and happy environment, while having regard to the individual needs of every child.
- Providing equality of opportunity for all our children in an inclusive environment.
- Developing confident, enthusiastic and independent learners.
- Ensuring that each child experiences challenges and successes and has a sense of self-esteem and self-confidence in his or her achievements.
- Encouraging a sense of belonging and pride in the school and its achievements.
- Developing an awareness of other people and an understanding and respect for their religious, cultural and social differences so that the children may take their place in society as tolerant, caring people.
- Fostering respect for all individuals within the school community and encouraging self-discipline and responsibility for their own actions.
- Forging close links with our local community.