The most recent Ofsted inspection was carried out in March 2015. The inspectors said:
- The headteacher, supported well by other staff and governors, has ensured that the school has improved consistently since the previous inspection. This means that there are good standards of teaching and achievement.
- Pupils reach above average levels of attainment at the end of Year 6 in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Children in the early years do well. Effective leadership and teaching ensure that they make good progress.
- Pupils in receipt of additional funding and disabled pupils and those with special educational needs make good progress.
- The quality of teaching is good. Teachers motivate pupils so that they learn well. Teaching assistants provide effective support.
- Pupils behave well. They feel very safe in school and attendance is above average. Pupils enjoy taking on responsibility.
- The headteacher checks the quality of teaching and learning systematically and rigorously. This has helped to improve teaching.
- Governors are active, supportive and challenging in helping leaders move the school forward.
- The atmosphere throughout the school reflects a strong sense of community and mutual respect. Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted very well. Pupils are well prepared for life in modern Britain.
- Pupils enjoy the excellent range of clubs, regular visits and other activities which the school offers. Good links with other local schools provide opportunities for effective teacher training.
- The care and welfare of pupils are strengths of the school.
- Parents are very supportive of what the school provides for their children.
Download the full report (as a PDF File)
At the Ofsted inspection carried out in July 2010, the inspectors said:
- “This is a good school where pupils achieve well. There is a welcoming ethos where all are valued as individuals. Parents and carers hold the school in high regard and many paid fulsome tribute to the dedication of the staff."
- "Since the last inspection, every aspect of the provision has improved to good. This illustrates well the ambition and drive that the senior leadership team provides."
- "In most lessons there is a real buzz of enthusiasm. Pupils are ready to learn and have positive attitudes. As a result, they achieve well and their attainment in reading, writing, mathematics and science is above average."
- "The school's curriculum provides many memorable experiences that contribute to pupils' enjoyment, achievement and personal development."
- The pastoral care of pupils is a strong element of why pupils say they feel happy and enjoy their time in school. Parents and carers also expressed highly positive views."
Download the full report (as a PDF file)