We believe that wearing Charlbury School uniform plays an important part in helping children to feel part of our school community and in fostering a sense of belonging and pride.
All the items marked with a star* below can be purchased from the school office.
The uniform is relatively inexpensive, simple, practical and most importantly, washable! It comprises:
- Navy blue school sweatshirt*
- Navy blue cardigan
- Pale blue polo shirt
- Grey trousers (no grey denim or jean type material), shorts, skirt, culottes or pinafore
- Navy and white gingham dress (optional for summer months)
- Pair of sensible black shoes (not trainers) exclusively for outdoors
- Pair of sensible black shoes e.g. plimsolls exclusively for indoors
- Navy blue or grey tights or socks, white socks are permitted after Easter
- Navy School Book Bag* to carry homework and reading materials
- Navy shorts
- Navy blue school PE T-shirt*
- Black plimsolls for indoor PE (these can double as indoor shoes)
- Pair of navy tracksuit bottoms for KS2 pupils (Years 3 – 6 only)
- Pair of trainers for outdoor PE
- Navy School PE Bag* - optional
Jewellery is not allowed to be worn in school apart from a watch and one pair of small plain stud pierced earrings. Hair should ideally be tied back in a ponytail, with blue hair accessories. No makeup or nail varnish is to be worn in school.
Please ensure that every item of clothing is clearly named, with either permanent pen or clothing labels.
- a towel
- a swimming costume: one piece costume for girls and swimming trunks or shorts for boys (no long Bermuda style shorts)
- a swimming hat
- a pair of goggles - see below
Jewellery is not allowed to be worn in the pool. Parents are able to sign a disclaimer to allow their children to wear swimming goggles. This forms part of the swimming consent form.
Forest school clothing
All Foundation Stage and Year 1 pupils will need appropriate clothing for their trips to Forest School:
- Wellington boots
- waterproof clothing
- old clothing
- sun hats in the summer