- 90% attendance sounds good but take a look at these facts:
- 90% attendance over 1 week = ½ day missed every week
- 90% attendance over 1 year = 4 missed weeks
- 90% attendance over 5 years = ½ a school year missed
- Research suggests that 17 missed school days a year = a GCSE grade DROP in achievement (DfE). If you achieve 90% in an exam you would be pleased with yourself. However, the pupil who sits down for GCSE exams with 99% attendance next to someone with 90% attendance has actually been at school for a whole year longer!
The greater the attendance, the greater the achievement!
Search the website